VIP - VERY IMPOSSIBLE PERSON

Mar 28, 2012

About a month ago, I woke up to see a mail from IGG, the company who manages the English version of Wonderland Online. It stated that in order to retain my 2-star VIP position, I need to purchase US$600.00 of WLO points before the given due date. I heard of one veteran WLO player who complained about losing her VIP status after a year of absences from the game. Being inactive from buying points myself, it didn't come as a surprise to know of my impending demotion from the wagon of VIP.

In all honesty, I hadn't look closely on the criteria to become a VIP. I was automatically relegated from a non-VIP player to being a holder of 2-star VIP after IGG mistakenly locked up my 3 main accounts for a month. You have to give them credit for how they courted their paying customer in style. They were "considerate" enough to hand out 3 free training tickets and 6 X 4exp pots to each of my accounts.

What really surprised me was the asking minimum points purchase requirement for a 2-star VIP. I absolutely have no idea until now that it cost 600 bucks to buy your way to remain in the 2-star VIP league. During my reign as a 2-star VIP, I didn't feel any "special" nor do I get any royalty treatment from the good office of IGG. Saves for the red carpet rolling on our way, being a VIP is just another one of the tactic of IGG to pool in more profits.


Each VIP member is classified according to the amount of money spent on the game. It consisted of a 3-tier level starting from the 3-star VIP, 2-star VIP and lastly, the 1-star VIP. If you wish to maintain your VIP status, you need to be able to fulfill the spending requirement as stated according to your rank. For the 1 and 2-star VIP, they have the option to upgrade to 3-star if they exceeded the amount required of their level. I was so naivete to believe that so long I am active in the game, my status will remain as such. But, on the other hand, I am not willing to throw in any more money.

As a VIP, the only thing I ever noticed was the weekly spam of IGG mails announcing the week's newest event. Week after week, and the mail remained the same. It was all about acquiring certain things that, of course, required you to spend money. I even resort their mails to my "spam" folder.


A 2-star VIP will receive a bice diamond and 5 training tickets. I didn't get any single one of it. Even on my birthday, there wasn't any "surprised" gifts. Some may say that I should complain about it. I feel that it be futile to do so since I was recently demoted down to 1-star VIP.

They mentioned "priority customer service." In my experience, any complains I pushed to the IGG customer service wasn't resolved. No matter how many proofs or evidences I lay down to their lap, they never fulfilled any of their promises. The only consolation to being a VIP is attaining their requited attention. Respect...you could be assured that you be given all due respect because of the size of your pocket.

Once I tried to help someone whose accounts was hacked mysteriously. I mailed to the VIP branch and they diligently replied back stating they will look further on the issue. Knowing how IGG deal with the situation on hand, I made sure to endeavor them by following up constantly. Weeks went by and their reciprocation was the same. They were checking, they said. A month passed by and they told me the matter was a month old already and they will not be bothered with it. How lame!!!


Admittedly, this is one of the better feature for the VIP. A bound account simply means that a VIP can bind another account, whether a VIP or a non-VIP members, with their VIP stature. The bound member will be accorded the same privileges with that of a VIP member.

There was an ex-guild member by the name of Balthier22 who asked me if I can bind his account with mine. I wasn't inclined to do so since he is not worthy of my trust. By binding his account, that will be giving him too much of my generosity. I just remember he still owe me a repairing potion in exchange for a full FB services on my part...zzz.


This isn't included in their packages but I felt the inclination to do so. Up until now, I'd seen fellow WLO players complaining of getting hacked. Most recent one was someone by the name of Noise. A lot knew he is a certified hacker yet nothing was done from the camp of IGG to ban him.  I am making the assumption that his only salvation was being a mall point buyers and a VIP as well.

How true that IGG will protect its VIP members no matter what illegal measures they undertook. If this is the case, then the good office of IGG should forsake all their rules and let the hackers continue doing their deeds. I am a VIP myself and the way IGG handle the VIP hackers is only suggestive that I have all the rights to hack anyone without compromising my accounts too.



The IGG VIP zone is a world unto its own. When you enter their website interface, you could see a section provided for the VIP'ers to place their real pictures. They can also put down their wishes through the wishing well.  For an encore, I could only say that VIP or not, the game still move on the same axis. There is nothing "magical" for being touted as a VIP. IGG should have been more creative, more unique and more consistent in giving away "gifts" to the VIP members. But like the current lethargic state of WLO, they are also losing a lot of VIP members. I know because I am a VIP too. Enjoy :)