FROM FEDDIE WITH LOVE

Feb 8, 2012

It is once again the season of the heart and the world wouldn't miss a chance to throw in their own special flavor in partaking the event. The old myth goes that Cupid comes alive in this season to shoot bow to anyone that tickled his fancy. Roses are everywhere and so are violet for the youngsters who dreaded facing a blue Valentine. Chocolate becomes the lover's favorite and so is Wonderland Online.

It was a disappointment to see the current Valentine's event for WLO. I'd say, the same event went on for 3 or 4 consecutive years with nary a new things added or some fanciful rewards to sweeten up the event. I remember when I created my shop girl, Izis. Her first shop was a cornucopia of red roses and heart-shaped chocolates. A few commented on this wonderful idea of creating a flower shop.

It is interesting that a lot of people still do not know how to produce stack and stack of red roses. I merely recycled the nectar I got from training at the Pine's forest. Or if you have the extra moolah, you can buy the golden flower at Bangkok and recycled them as well. You can get a variety of flowers and depending on the rank status of each flower, keep recycling them until you get red roses.

Love is in the air when IGG released the Marriage System at WLO. It was a big hit that put Cupid on the center stage constantly announcing his felicitation for the newly-wed couple. To date, not one of my characters experienced getting married. Truth to be tell, it wasn't a big deal. I am such a conservative at heart that marrying just for the sake of getting married isn't one of my hobby. Even though it is only a game, I am just not comfortable with it.

I'd witness a few WLO wedding ceremony and as comparable to a real life wedding, the ceremony takes about 5 minutes only. One of the highlight of getting married is the acquisition of a wedding band and a love door that have an adorable heart-shaped jacuzzi. For a price of 60 grand per head or 120 thousand for a couple and a little quest to fulfill as part of the wedding requirement, you are as good as getting yourself tied up on the knot. Don't forget you need to be level 30 and above to be able to join the wedding bandwagon.


As always, IGG never failed to come up with something that will profit them. They released the 2011 Valentine's Pack last year and majority of the players went ga-ga trying to own one of the wedding suit. The item mall wedding suit isn't any different or special really. Just the color itself. From my understanding, the Valentine Box is only available through credit mall by auction.


If things didn't go well or turned sour, there is always the divorce seal on hand at the item mall. However, one needs to pay 200 thousand to be granted a divorce. Like everyone else, I find it strange that IGG is charging more for divorce. Maybe it is a way of showing to the players that divorce doesn't come cheap and one need to be wise in choosing their partner. I have not much knowledge on this situation but more info can be found here.


Once I have a guild mate who was so desperate to get married. I was about to offer one of my boy when she told me she only wanted to acquire the wedding dress. She was out in the world chat all day yelling for a boy to marry her,  with free transportation too. I knew of people who claimed to have WLO boy/girlfriend but in reality, was in a relationship. I saw players who simply want to collect boys or girls to be in relationship with them. I'd seen WLO relationship that blossomed into a different level and this is a very rare things to happen.

There is no way for me to lay judgement on them. Everyone have a right to be what they want to do. I always maintained an impersonal relationship with my fellow WLO friends and will remain to do so. Less trouble...less headache. Happy heart everyone with much love. Enjoy :)