COMMENTS NO MORE

Feb 27, 2012

If you are a blogger, there is always the inherent desire to spread your blog to a wide spectrum of readers. The usual expectation was hearing your reader's commentation as well as listening to their constructive criticisms. Your readers can either help you enhance the strongest point of your whole blogging experience or remain as stale and be put on the last line among Mr. Google's list.

When I started Fed Book, I didn't have such expectation. I knew from the very beginning that my audience will be limited. My blog is based on the game, Wonderland Online, that focuses within the small circle of Taurus server. Any players outside of Taurus will never know who were the people I was talking about nor will they understand what really went through behind each of my entries.

I initially welcomed any comments even putting up a chatterbox. I also have a hidden statistic counter to check the where about of my visitors. Being a blogger, we want to know who landed on our blog, what they want you to blog about and what suggestion can they throw in. Suffice to say, we want to get a bit personal with our readers.

Eventually, I realized it is futile to keep Fed Book this way. The network of communication became one-sided. It was like speaking to a wall that will rot for months without any reciprocation. My chatterbox didn't fair better. It was mainly this reason that was my deciding factor to kill off my chatterbox and zipped up my comment box for good. I also stripped down my facebook like button, the follow me button and the share button as well.

I know that not everyone can appreciate blogging. I know that we all have a diversified interest when it comes to blogging. I know that majority prefer a load of screenshots on a blog with a short caption to go with it. I happened to have too many things up on my brain that blogging them down seems a good way for me to express myself freely.

With the help of Mr. Google, I look elsewhere for a like-minded player who have a blog similar with mine. Unfortunately, most I'd seen looks like an abandoned blog that hadn't been updated for the last 1 or 2 years. The blog I stumbled on covered the same materials such as guides to questing, or how to train your pets or how they met their first girlfriend inside the WLO.

This doesn't deterred me to continue blogging for Fed Book. I had stated that Fed Book was created for my own pleasure only. Sometimes, I felt like a back stabber putting down names and minutely detailing their peccadilloes. But then, I realized this is what blogging is all about. Fed Book is open publicly so I could safely say that I am just being honest with everything I put down on my blog. No games and no sarcasms either.

It will be a joy to see another WLO players who could blog out their thoughts and feelings. Experience is not necessary in this regards. It is simply a matter of having a normal conversation with your blog. I usually finished one blog in about 10 to 20 minutes and it is only the visual part that took most of my time.

I shall continue to blog for Fed Book. How long will it last...I do not know. I will let the time make the decision for me soon. I am blogging for myself only and not for anyone. For the Taurians who wish to contact me, I can be reach inside the WLO game (Taurus server) or through my facebook. 'Till then...enjoy :)