PETS THE DREAMER

Jan 31, 2012

I entered the Wonderland Online scene when version 4 was around the corner. Back then, the game was all about simplicity and getting social. There was nary a thing called "special pet." The first non-human pet I got, like the majority of us, was the little monkey hanging up on a tree at the Starter's Beach.

I remember the popular pet of choice for riding was the deadly flowers at the Mayan Village and the wind wolf at South Pole. Both are conveniently available for players  to grasp. However, as the game moved to newer version, more and more "exotic" pets were introduced along the way.

The introduction of Baby Doll in the market paved the way for many of the players to start collecting the "rare pet." 11 tokens is needed to try their hands on the game. Because I wasn't very familiar with WLO yet that time, I never knew that baby doll existed. If one will believe, I started playing the baby doll at a later version, around version 6 when the game added the free tokens we can get from instances and training.


There was a time when I saw a shop selling 7 medical rabbit pet vouchers at 25,000 gold apiece. I even kept wondering where the seller had gotten that many vouchers. It was such an adorable pet that I quickly made stack and stack of grape syrups to sell and earn gold. If I remember correctly, I managed to buy 3 vouchers. Among the baby doll collection, the sky dragon was the most in-demand pet and highly expensive.

When IGG released the 7 colors egg, the business of collecting the rarest pet exploded as well. Like any other game of chance, acquiring the dream pets required a gazillion of luck to win. Most likely, you'll ended up like me who got about 3 blue horse kiny, 2 globefish, 4 aged turtle, a zebra, a camel, an octopus and 2 lions but not one single unicorn...bleh!


I supposed IGG was able to sniff upon a profitable investment.  It didn't take them long to start throwing in weekly events at the forum and offering the rare pet....for a price naturally. What started as a child-friendly game had turned into a money making machine. Needless to say, the amount required for a rare pet is ridiculously high. I am not going to keep on ranting about their excessive desire for money. We have enough of it at the forum.

We also witnessed how IGG were able to deceive its players by putting up the rare pet for sale. Occasionally, they will hold an event with the inclusion of the rare pet simply to spice up the whole reward package. Despite the reward, the chances of winning is really small. My assumption is that IGG had already pre-recorded the number of rare pets each server can win. It was like one in a million rounds to be able to strike it home.

It is unfortunate that many of the players aren't aware yet that a few of the rare pet being sold at the Item Mall are not genuine. This is another one of the many hoax of IGG. The pets are usually "fake."


Below is an array of "exotic" pets offered weekly by IGG to swindle us (for lack of better word...). To date, I owned a unicorn, a ghost horse and a griffin that took me months to be able to acquire them. I seriously don't like much of the pets we have. I'm a girl therefore, I prefer cute pets. For those who still wish to grab these rare pets, take your pick...and keep dreaming. Enjoy :)