FELIZ NAVIDAD

Dec 11, 2011

Christmas has always been my favorite time of the year. Despite the cold, cold weather, there is always something about the season that lifted my spirit. The air around me seems invigorating and the streets I walked in shone brightly with the Christmas lights. I find it soothing and comforting to have a night stroll around the neighborhood instead of the usual morning walks.

I tried to squeeze in whatever spare time I have to do an early Christmas shopping. Nothing fancy listed on my notes. Just some simple gifts for my family and close friends. It has always been the family tradition to clear up old things that was piled up on our storeroom. I have friends who will pick up the stuff we don't need and bring it to a private charity house. It is the time of giving after all.

This year, there won't be any big Christmas tree in our house. The hind leg of the tree was broken thus, we settled for a mini tree instead.  It is now laying on top in a little corner of our family living room. All the presents we received are still unwrapped sitting beside our  tree. Everyone in the family is looking forward to the arrival of the Christmas eve so we can start devouring on our present.

Since we're not really a big eater, we will prepare some 2 or 3 special dishes coupled with some sodas and yeshhhh....red wine. I am thinking of pasta, roasted beef and the all-time favorite fried chicken. If I feel like it, I may throw in a box of yummy cheese cake. Christmas is not a time to watch our weight. We'll deal with it comes New Year.

I am going to use the remaining days of my Holiday break by sleeping, sleeping and sleeping. I really need that. The last couple of months has been especially hectic and my nerves was all frazzled up. There won't be any long outings either simply because I do not want to drive that long. No one is complaining though as we all prefer to stay home this year.

I am halfway done to my season's to-do-list. Next week will be the beginning of my long anticipated rest.  Maybe I can start blogging more and pretty up fed book. As a parting words, here's wishing everyone a Merry jolly Christmas and may you all gain weight and be as fat as Santa Claus. :D