MY HUMBLE BEGINNING

Oct 7, 2011
I had been asked numerous times how I landed on Wonderland Online. As I sit here in front of my computer, I recollect everything and it was all clear and  vivid like it only happened yesterday. It is a sense of deja vu all over again.

My best friend was the one who introduced me to Wonderland Online. It was at a time when we were both searching for another gaming platform to spend time . He told me he created a character named "Feodore," even telling me that it meant "son of god."  Hence, I created "Federica," meaning "Feodore's mistress. :D  It was my own definition of course...lol.

Federica at level 3

Clowning with her Roca

Nervously doing the title deed quest
The old days proved to be memorable. Everything seemed fresh and exciting. You just killed a jelly monster and felt jubilant. You earned 100 golds and felt like spoiling your character for new outfit. You built a bath tub and you were ready to soak in there all day.  I know I did.

Soaking for fun :)

That pink worm was mine :(

On our way to activate Goddess Skill quest

He invited me for a short tour after he finished manufacturing his jalor
As we continue our adventures, our family grew bigger and bigger. He acquired 3 characters of his own early on while I mainly concentrated on my Federica. I started to create new characters when Federica was around level 40. We didn't had the habit of asking many questions from other players. Instead, we learned from each other and tried to familiarize ourselves with our surroundings. Between the 2 of us, he was the extrovert. There was no shyness in his bones.

He is Mushmallow, our team's supposedly water healer

Crazy glitch during training
I remember some players who were considerably high level when I joined the game. Like any other online games, you meet good players as well as the bad ones. Once I was yelling on world chat for help in Elin's quest.  Someone yelled back that I should shoved my a$$ down to my toes.  Being a newbie, I was very upset with his remarks. But it was on that particular day that I made a goal.

Alezis was born to help train with Federica

Surrounded by 3 lovely mountain boys :D

Almost done with Eva quest :)
I made a pact with my friend that we will train religiously. Each day, we made sure the whole team leveled once then we will set out to explore and do quest. Our goal was to become stronger and be able to help the newbies. We didn't play this game to reach the height of omnipotence. Like a kid wanting to own a whole pack of chocolate, we persevered in acquiring more and more knowledge about the game. Thank goodness there is a thing called WLO forum.

My Baby Mist...:D

We failed in helping a friend getting her GS :(
A lot had been wondering about the where about of my friend. It was during that fateful weeks when we began to have petty quarrels. I supposed we were both so engrossed in trying to achieve something within the game that we lost our own perspectives. In short, the game had totally possessed us.

Frederico Quest

Frederico Quest

...failed :(
My friend was dead set to finish the whole Frederico's quest. But we kept failing on each battles that skyrocketed my friend's temper. I urged him to seek outside help and made the mistake of mentioning the name of a player. He was offended once when he mailed this player about Fred's quest and she didn't reply back. Hence, he was adamantly stubborn to even accept a drop of help from her.

<
The last quest we did together
The last few weeks were really bad for both of us. We always ended up in heated arguments.  The next 3 days and nights that I was online, there was nary a sign of him. I didn't realize he was already burned up with the way things were going for us. I just woke up to see his characters all nicknamed "R.I.P."  He didn't left me any forwarding messages at all. He completely deserted me.




Perhaps, his desertion was what shaped me into where I am now. The pain was too deep. It was losing an anchorage, an arms and a legs. I suddenly felt so lost in the game and was ready to pack up and quit. But for some reason which I can't begin to fathom, I continued my journey all on my own.

I courted cynicism as I believed at that time, it was the best way in coping with my grief. I let my pride took control of my whole self. I wanted to prove to him that I can do anything and be anything even without him on my side. Too many questions, yet, I can't find the right answer for his desertion.

I found it unreasonable that he will just vanished into thin air all because of the game. I knew him as being fair and wise in many ways. Instead of being at the mercy of hopelessness, I steeled my heart and started to continue reaching for the goals we promised to each other.

Preparing for goddess training for Fed, Mist and Alex. The old man was an intruder
To date, we already patched up after 5 months of incommunicado. He apologized for deserting me and lay down his reasons. I forgave him but what really brought the greatest melancholy of all, I found out there was no longer any room for him to be my friend. I do not know what transpired me to change. I guess the day he deserted me was the day our friendships ended.

Now that I reached the pinnacle of being among the high ranks in WLO, I was gravely saddened to discover how lonely it can be to be on top. For there is no one to share your joy and happiness.

There is one story that my friend told me a long time ago. It is about friendships. I will never forget this one.

"An Arabian legend tells of two friends who were traveling through the desert and at one point they fell into disagreement about the trip whereby one of the friends slaps the other across the face. The friend who had been slapped said nothing, only wrote in the sand: ‘Today my best friend slapped me in the face.’
Both friends continued on their journey and eventually arrived at an oasis where there were baths to refresh themselves. The friend who had been slapped jumped into the large baths yet soon found himself starting to drown. The other friend immediately jumped in after him and saved him. After recovering the first man took a pen and wrote on a stone: ‘Today my best friend saved my life.’ Intrigued, the friend asked: ‘Why is it that after I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now after saving you, you write on a stone?

Smiling, the other friend replied: ‘When a good friend offends us, we write in the sand where the wind of forgetfulness and forgiveness will be responsible for clearing it off; On the other hand, when something great happens to us, we burn it into stone in memory of the heart where no wind in the world can erase it."

A souvenir snap shot lol :D